Why Raft With Geo Tours?
Geo Tours is in our 41st year in business and 21st year in Morrison, Colorado! What started out as an idea in the mind of an 18 year old boy when he decided to build a kayak he’d seen advertised in the back of a National Geographic magazine, evolved into Geo Tours Whitewater Rafting company. And, we’ve been in the business of offering rafting adventures since 1981.
Initially, Geo Tours was set up to offer river trips that would emphasize the geology of many of the rivers in Colorado. Hence its name. Through the years, in response to the ever-changing expectations of its clients, Geo has shifted focus. We’ve added a bit of natural history and environmental stewardship, along with exciting and challenging river runs, to our mission of providing great outdoor experiences.
After being in several previous locations around Denver, Geo relocated to the small town of Morrison, Colorado in 2001. As a relatively small river outfitter, we concentrate on customer service but are still able to provide a wide variety of river trips on Clear Creek, the Upper Colorado River, and the Arkansas River.
Furthermore, Geo places a high priority on safety and uses state-of-the-art equipment. Likewise, our guides are certified in CPR, First Aid and emphasize river safety. Geo guides are also knowledgeable about the environment, local history, useless trivia, and especially the art of having fun!
Geo excursions range from scenic floats to heart-pounding whitewater adventures. As a small and experienced outfit, we can help in your selection of river experience. But above all, Geo Tours adds extra fun to your whitewater rafting trip!
Experience & Safety
- 40+ years of providing some of the finest rafting experiences in Colorado
- Self-Bailing Rafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Type V Coast Guard approved PFDs (life vests) and state-of-the-art equipment
- Places safety as a high priority and maintains an excellent safety record. All of our guides are Certified in CPR and First Aid and are trained to emphasize river safety
- Geo Tours is a member of the Colorado River Outfitters Association, Arkansas River Outfitters Association, American Outdoors, Denver Metro Convention Visitors Bureau (Visit Denver), and the Better Business Bureau
Geo Tours / Georafting Awarded
- Three rivers in Colorado
- Part-day to multi-day trips
- Beginner to Advanced levels and Scenic Floats
- Paddle rafts, oar rafts and inflatable kayaks
- Certain options may be unavailable on specific trips or in times of high water conditions
Raft trips will meet at Geo headquarters, specific river put-ins, metro area Park n’ Rides or convenient mountain locations. Geo Tours offers group pick-ups and transportation to and from your raft trip so you can sit back and “We’ll do the driving.” Additional charges may apply.
- Headquartered in historic Morrison, Colorado, just 20 minutes from downtown Denver
- Easy to get to from almost anywhere in the Denver metro area via I-70, C-470 or Highway 285
- Located at 229 Highway 8, approximately 1/4 mile south on Hwy 8 from Jct. Hwy 8 and Hwy 74 (traffic signal on west edge of Morrison town center)